cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPLC vs MPLS

suresh.cisco123
Level 1
Level 1

HI Can some body guide me the advantages of IPLC vs MPLS...

Rgds

Chandra

2 Replies 2

Hi Suresh,

AFAIK IPLC(International Private Leased Circuit) can use both L2VPN or L3VPN. Essentially, An IPLC (international private leased circuit) is a point-to-point private line used by an organization to communicate between offices that are geographically dispersed throughout the world.

For eg : telco like BT(british telecom) has network all over the world. So, you could have a leased line between 2 countries via BT.  You can use L2VPN if you want control over your IP routing . This architecture uses technologies like EoMPLS or AToM to transport data from one end to another.

You can also choose L3VPN which uses IP/MPLS for transport as well but the service provider is also involved in :L3 routing. So whichever technology you use, Service Providers use MPLS as the base transport protocol these days.

I hope this gives you some idea. Experts here on CSC can provide their ideas as well

Regards,

Kishore

In my country, IPLC and MPLS VPN(or IPVPN) is completely different. We are using SDH for IPLC and MPLS for IPVPN (L2 or L3).