cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

max-reserved-bandwidth

vm.sebastian
Level 1
Level 1

Want to know whether "max-reserved-bandwidth" command is supported on fastethernet/gigethernet interfaces. I am working with 7600 router (IOS, 12.2(33)SRA2) with 16 Fastethernet Interfaces and try to use "max-reserved-bandwidth" command on the Fastethernet interfaces. It is not supporting. If it is not a supported option, may I have some document on the same?

3 Replies 3

swaroop.potdar
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Sebastian,

Yes in my experience also the command is not supported on the 7600 ethernet ports.

Since this is a Fancy-Queuing feature, and the 7600 ethernet ports use Hardware Queues and dont support Fancy-Queuing.

For the document, here is a link which has QPM/Platform/IOS compatibility list.

Although this is meant for QPM, it gives a good insight on what QOS feature is supported on what platform with what IOS.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/cscowork/ps2064/products_device_support_table09186a0080803bb4.html

HTH-Cheers,

Swaroop

Hi Swaroop,

Thank you.

But, may I get some document which can tell that this particular command is not supported with this combination (7600 with 7600-SIP-200 module)? Or something like "this command belongs to particular group of QoS mechanism and so it is not supported on this module?

Regards

Sebastian

Hi Sebastian,

I dont have such a document.

But to help you decide, if you really need this command, you can consider this.(If you have not already given this a try, if you have you can ignore it)

1) This command is in place to allocate more than the default 75% which can be used for Fancy Queuing (with Policy Map).

2) For eg: If you cannot configure you SIP-200/400/600 for your SPA interfaces, for more than 75% of the port speed, then you need this.

3) You can try out using a policy map which will allocate 1000 Meg of traffic into different classes and apply it on a 1 gig interface, if it allows you, then you definately dont need this command. As you are able to allocate all the 100% bandwidth, you may decide to skip this command.

:-)

HTH-Cheers,

Swaroop