Helpful
Replies

ME 3800 X - QinQ across service instance

a.auvinet
Level 1
Level 1

I realize a test rig of ME-3800-X.
I use the MPLS and QinQ.

EoMPLS for pseudowire is Ok in test rig.
QinQ also.
In fact, everything is ok.

But, in documentation, it is not said that we can forward the frame QinQ across a Service Instance.

Header:vlan+eth+data                     >>ingress 3800 -A >> evc bridge-domain 100 >>>>>> Vlan 100 and rewite imposition and Xconnect to B>>

egress 3800 -A  >> Eompls+QinQ+Vlan+eth+data >>>>

|

|

BACKBONE MPLS

|

|

>>>ingress 3800- B >>>> Vlan 100 (not rewite) + xconnect to A >>>> evc bridge-domain 100 >>>>egress 3800 - B >  Header QinQ+ETH+DATA

It has QinQ frames within the bridge domaine not frame Vlan.

Question:
Is what I can do this even if the documentation does not indicate.

Thanks for your comment.

I am french, sorry for my bad english language.

Cdlt,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello Cdlt.

but what is the  question? Is it something like "how come that even if my configuration does not match the guide my setup is working?"

Is that one?

Also, does it work when your config is matching the EVC guide instead (the one in green on your pdf)?

Quick notation is that even if the configuration is not matching the guide  the final result is the same as you moved the pop operation of the outmost dot1q tag from the ingress PE (the one on top) to egress one by configuring 'platform rewrite imposition tag push 1 symmetric' on the SVIs.

So you either strip the qinq tag on ingress or on egress the frame looks like the same way when the last mpls label is popped.

Does this answer to your question or am I still missing the point?

Riccardo

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

rsimoni
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I am not sure what is the question....  Can you reword it?

Have you already checked the EVC config guide for ME300X?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/metro/me3600x_3800x/software/release/12.2_52_ey/configuration/guide/swevc.html

Riccardo

Hello,

Yes, I have already checked the EVC config guide for ME300X.

My configuration is not present in the documentation but it works.

I have change the configuration for match the documenation :

See the .pdf for the schema for better understanding .

page 1 > not match

page 2 > match

I hope to be understandable...

After, I have other question ...

Cdlt,

Hello Cdlt.

but what is the  question? Is it something like "how come that even if my configuration does not match the guide my setup is working?"

Is that one?

Also, does it work when your config is matching the EVC guide instead (the one in green on your pdf)?

Quick notation is that even if the configuration is not matching the guide  the final result is the same as you moved the pop operation of the outmost dot1q tag from the ingress PE (the one on top) to egress one by configuring 'platform rewrite imposition tag push 1 symmetric' on the SVIs.

So you either strip the qinq tag on ingress or on egress the frame looks like the same way when the last mpls label is popped.

Does this answer to your question or am I still missing the point?

Riccardo

"how come that even if my configuration does not match the guide my setup is working?"

Is that one?"  > yes, it's my question.

Does this answer to your question or am I still missing the point? > yes.

So my setup MPLS is good.

Excuse me for bad english...

André Auvinet

Hi Andre',

no problem 

I am glad I helped.

Riccardo

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: