Helpful
Replies

SLA for each class of service

nshahrin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

need some advice from everyone.

What is the best way/approach for us to provide SLA for each CoS. We now have gold, silver and best-effort. The SLA should cover each of them including on-time delivery, service availability, round trip delay, packet delivery and jitter.

well gold will have SLA for all and best effort maybe for 1 or 2 only.

what is the software for this? can ios via netflow can do this. we are thinking to offer to our existing customers sla on each class.

thanks in advance.

rgds,

--mdshah

4 Replies 4

ebreniz
Level 6
Level 6

efong
Level 1
Level 1

You need some tools to collect the data for your network baseline, core network reporting, customer report and may be tools for simulation/modeling your network. I don't know the best approach but tools such as InfoVista, VistaMart(InfoVista database), Crystal Report (front end), OPNET SP/IT Guru(simulation/modeling) works in my network environment. However, those tools need some learning curve and skillset to setup though.

Most commercial network offers 99.95 to 99.999 reliability in it's core network and 99.7+ for access links. It depends on your network design/link utilization/PoP design/equipment type and redundancy, after setting/collecting your network baseline for availability, delay, latency, jitter, etc. then you can figure out what SLA you can offer or afford to offer per core network/PoP/Link/CoS.

Hope this help.

Edwin

6mmarinzulich
Level 1
Level 1

These parameters that defines your SLA can be measured via SAA. In fact, you can run several 'SAA instances' in order to get delay,jitter,pkloss,etc for each class of service. The result of these tests can be taken via SNMP from you management system.

Matias.-

Hi all, thanks for the reply.

Yes, that's what i'm thinking also. No perfect one-

for-all solution on this. Need to further study on this.

cheers,