cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Support for Label-Only-Inferred LSP

ppatel
Level 1
Level 1

Does the Cisco Service Provider IOS have the capability to support L-LSP. Need to find out if we can support more then 8 CoS using the E-LSP.

Is there any other mechanism for supporting more then 8 CoS on an MPLS backbone

3 Replies 3

mheusinger
Level 10
Level 10

At the moment L-LSP is not supported as far as I know. At the Networkers BOF session the developpers basically got the response from all the service providers present at the time that L-LSP feature is not high priority.

There are no "sexy" other options. What is the need to support more than 8 classes? I mean you can transport IP packets mithout touching the DSCP values through an MPLS backbone.

Last question: Do you really want to monitor and frequently fine tune more than 8 classes per interface?

My initail thoughts were to have two or three drop predences using WRED for two classes of service. So I will exceed the 8 if I have a queue for voice and separate for video with another for Best Effort

Ok, but what would a second (third ... ) LSP with a dynamically signalled label add to the picture?

The QoS classification on a core LSR would not allow you to configure that ... unless you want only statically allocated labels.

But if your classification is only exp-based then there is no gain in using different label values (LSPs) as all traffic from the different LSPs but same exp-bits will end up in the same QoS class.

regards

Martin