cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements
Announcements
Choose one of the topics below to view our ISE Resources to help you on your journey with ISE

This community is for technical, feature, configuration and deployment questions.
For production deployment issues, please contact the TAC! We will not comment or assist with your TAC case in these forums.
Please see How to Ask the Community for Help for other best practices.

Views
Helpful
Replies
Beginner

Changing timezone in ISE 2.6 after installation

Hello:

I'm running ISE 2.6 and need to change the timezone on my 2-node deployment. Both the admin and CLI command reference guides for 2.6 suggest that this can be changed with a restart of the application, but this does not seem to be correct:

ise-inf01-dc1/admin(config)# clock timezone US/Pacific
Setting the timezone via CLI is not supported.
ise-inf01-dc1/admin(config)#

Further, changing the timezone option is greyed out in the web interface.

Please advise on how I can change the timezone on ISE 2.6 post installation.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Re: Changing timezone in ISE 2.6 after installation

Hi,

Yes, CLI is the only method available to change the timezone and you are doing it right.. But looks like you hitting this bug

CSCvo49755 - ENH - CLI clock timezone message with no workaround for now.. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Yes, CLI is the only method available to change the timezone and you are doing it right.. But looks like you hitting this bug

CSCvo49755 - ENH - CLI clock timezone message with no workaround for now.. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
VIP Advocate

The more I hear about ISE 2.6 the less I want to go near it.  The types of issues reported so far are worrying - if the simple stuff doesn't work then it doesn't inspire confidence.  Sounds like it's still in beta ... :-(

Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Well, it was done intentionally this time and the wording should have been better as mentioned in the enhancement. We have seen a number of issues in the past owing to time zone differences within a deployment and also changing them on the fly.
Highlighted
Beginner

So what solution is Cisco offering. I am facing a similar dilema with ISE2.6

Highlighted
VIP Advocate

Hi @mnagired 

I am faced with this dilemma myself.  ISE 2.6 (no patch).  Is this bug fixed in patch 1 or patch 2?

regards

Arne

Highlighted
Beginner

I got the same problem after applying patch 6 to ISE2.4 virtual. I think patch installation should retain timezone already configured since initial setup.
Highlighted
Beginner

I did solve this issue on Cisco 2.4 patch 6, uninstalling the patch, then I did change the time-zone (don´t forget to "save running-configuration" I did it 2 times due to I forgot to do this) then I apply the patch 6 again and finish.

Highlighted
Beginner

Helo,

Have you found the solution for this issue? Is there any patch available that solve the issue?

Regards,

Highlighted
Beginner

According to bug CSCvo49755, there is a fix to v2.4 with patch 11, but it appears this is still not fixed yet for v2.6:

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvo49755/?rfs=iqvred