cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Integrate Meraki AP's with ISE

pacavell
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I plan to integrate Meraki AP's into ISE. I need to add the Meraki AP's as network devices to ISE. Assuming the AP's are on the same subnet couldn't I simply create a single network device in ISE for the AP's and use a subnet address for them instead of a /32? I could then create a single location and tie that location to this Meraki network device and use it in a policy set/authentication policy/authorization policy. This would save from having to define individual Meraki AP's as network devices to ISE.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Timothy Abbott
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

So long as they all have the same RADIUS shared secret and are on the same subnet configured in ISE, I don't see why you couldn't.  Put a few in a lab environment and test it out.  You shouldn't have a problem.  Be sure to test out CoA while your at it.  Let us know how it goes as this is something I haven't tested.

Regards,

-Tim

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Timothy Abbott
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

So long as they all have the same RADIUS shared secret and are on the same subnet configured in ISE, I don't see why you couldn't.  Put a few in a lab environment and test it out.  You shouldn't have a problem.  Be sure to test out CoA while your at it.  Let us know how it goes as this is something I haven't tested.

Regards,

-Tim

Thanks Tim. We actually put in play and it seems to be working fine.