cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE INTEGRATION WITH HUAWEI AC WIRELESS CONTROLLER

PQR
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking for some documentation on the integration between Cisco ISE and the Huawei AC wireless controller to validate compatibility, on the side of Huawei I found the following link:
https://support.huawei.com/enterprise/en/doc/EDOC1000113779/19cc124/example-for-configuring-8021x-authentication-web 

But on the side of Cisco I can't find anything that indicates that ISE is compatible with Huawei AC, in fact in the compatibility matrix there is no Huawei vendor

With the Huawei link I have tried to integrate it with ISE, but it has not been possible, it does not authenticate the user, ISE rejects the authentication request packets.

Please your support with this request

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

howon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you have a setup of Huawei WLC and ISE that we can look at, I can assist. Please unicast me @ howon@cisco.com.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

thomas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If Huawei uses RADIUS or TACACS, it will work with ISE - we just haven't tested it.

Please see Does ISE Support My Network Access Device? for details.

If ISE rejected the authentication request, there will be an error and reason in the ISE LiveLog Authentication details that will help you understand Why it was rejected:

image.png

howon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you have a setup of Huawei WLC and ISE that we can look at, I can assist. Please unicast me @ howon@cisco.com.

I hope this message finds you in good health. I am reaching out to discuss a matter concerning Huawei WLC and Cisco ISE. Specifically, I have encountered an issue pertaining to the compatibility between Cisco ISE version 3.x and Huawei wireless version AC6605-26-PWR: V200R019C00SPC500 (WLC). I would like to inquire whether these two versions are compatible with each other.

Thank you for your attention to this matter, and I look forward to your prompt response

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: