cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE: Send guest credentials to sponsor via email after approval

Jeremy Zaruba
Level 1
Level 1

Need to determine if/how I can configure ISE to send credentials (via email) of a self-provisioned guest to both the guest and the sponsor upon sponsor approval. I currently only see setting to send to the guest. My sponsors approve/deny directly from a sponsor email and I would prefer to keep them from accessing  the sponsor portal.  Currently running 2.2.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

abhishek.marat1
Level 1
Level 1
Hi Jeremy,

I do not think there is a way to send an e-mail to a sponsor upon approval, as the sponsor has already received an email with the credentials asking to approve the guest.I may be wrong, but i don't see that option too. I checked the portal page customization tab too and i see no such option to notify sponsor upon approval.

P.S: Please rate s helpful/acceptable solution if applicable. thank you!

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

abhishek.marat1
Level 1
Level 1
Hi Jeremy,

I do not think there is a way to send an e-mail to a sponsor upon approval, as the sponsor has already received an email with the credentials asking to approve the guest.I may be wrong, but i don't see that option too. I checked the portal page customization tab too and i see no such option to notify sponsor upon approval.

Thanks, was hoping there was some setting that I had missed or some way to edit the approval page to include user and pw info but I'm thinking the best I can do is include the pw on the sponsor email or give sponsors the link to the full portal.

You can do this and I wish the problems I was having were this easy of a fix.
Edit your guest portal. Go into Portal Page Customization, Notifications, and Approval Request Email and add Password: $ui_password$ to the "Asking Sponsor to Approve or Deny Self-Registration Guests.

HTH

My requirement is to send the username and password only after the sponsor has approved the request which I do not think is possible. The only option that appears to be available is to send that information before the account is approved - as you have described.  thanks

The example I provided will give you the username and password in the approval email and the guest will not get their creds until you approve.  This is the same username and password the guest will use during their login after the approval link is clicked.  It should give you what you are looking for.

Yep, that's how I have it configured now - minus sending the guest password in the approval email. Looks like that is what I'll need to do. I was being asked to send the password to the guest and the sponsor after approval was given. Looks like the system only has the ability to send to the guest at that point.

Good to hear.

Hello, 

My client wishes to have the approval email sent to their sponsors as well as to the guests... exactly like Jeremy.

Do you have any more information today about this ? Maybe it can be configured in later releases ?

Is it possible to use scripts on ISE and maybe add a default email address in the approval mail receivers ?

Thank you for your help

Lionel

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: