cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PSN's in the DMZ deployment guide

Madura Malwatte
Level 4
Level 4

If there any deployment or how-to guides for configuring PSN's in the dmz. In particular the set up where psn's are located both in the internal and dmz domain, syncing back to a PAN and MnT in the internal domain.

If im only using the dmz psn's for guest wifi then really I would only require the guest anchor WLC's to have its radius configured to point to the dmz psn's right?

What about AD? There should be no reason either to have the dmz psn's join the AD domain like the internal psn's?

What about cert wise? Would i need to import the internal CA cert into the dmz psn's as well as the internal psn's?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Surendra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
For guest, this won’t fly as PSN needs to inform PAN of the new guest registration and send logs of the authentication to the MnT node.
For AD, you can have PSN and DC in the DMZ and have them connected.
For certificates, If you have the same PAN node, you do no need to import any additional internal CA certs.

At the end of the day, it all boils down to the communication at the port level between the PSN, the PAN/MnT and other nodes. You can have them anywhere you want but make sure they can talk to each other by hook or crook.

For more details refer https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/2-4/install_guide/b_ise_InstallationGuide24/b_ise_InstallationGuide24_chapter_0110.html

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Surendra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
For guest, this won’t fly as PSN needs to inform PAN of the new guest registration and send logs of the authentication to the MnT node.
For AD, you can have PSN and DC in the DMZ and have them connected.
For certificates, If you have the same PAN node, you do no need to import any additional internal CA certs.

At the end of the day, it all boils down to the communication at the port level between the PSN, the PAN/MnT and other nodes. You can have them anywhere you want but make sure they can talk to each other by hook or crook.

For more details refer https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/2-4/install_guide/b_ise_InstallationGuide24/b_ise_InstallationGuide24_chapter_0110.html

Hi Surendra,

This part is not clear to me "For AD, you can have PSN and DC in the DMZ and have them connected.
For certificates, If you have the same PAN node, you do no need to import any additional internal CA certs.", can you please explain? At the moment my dmz psn's have not joined the AD domain. Is it normal to have the dmz psn's join AD just as the internal psn's would?