Views
Helpful
Replies

Allowing single port to communicate with multiple VLANs on Cisco SG350-28

Tuhi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a Cisco SG350-28 switch with me. The requirement here is to connect 4 PLC devices and a computer device (server) on the switch.

However, I only want the server to be able to communicate to these 4 devices and these 4 ports on which these PLC devices are connected should not be able to communicate with each other.

In nutshell, if from port 1-4, PLC devices are connected and on 5th port server device is connected then traffic should be allowed as below: -

1) 1 <-> 5

2) 2 <-> 5

3) 3 <-> 5

4) 4 <-> 5

Below traffic should not be allowed : -

1) 1 <->2/3/4

2) 2 <->1/3/4

3) 3 <->1/2/4

4) 4 <->1/2/3

Please suggest how to configure the switch to achieve this configuration.

5 Replies 5

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Is it questioning  broadcasting-time , or do you want to stay real ?

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Didn't get your question regarding broadcasting-time.

The communication should happen in real time only.

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Actually I need to apologize for these remarks, guess my morning coffee was from a bad brand, I confused the group-name , with your username. Apologies again, will look into your question.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

That's okay. Looking forward for suggestions

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- You may want to use private vlan(s) for this - have a look at this document :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/switches/cisco-small-business-300-series-managed-switches/smb5659-configure-private-vlan-membership-settings-on-a-switch-throu.html

M.