cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C1111 Wireless Card Issue

90-Lowrider
Level 1
Level 1

I recently purchased a C1111-8PWA-WS and am having a problem configuring the internal wireless module/controller.  I am able to connect to the controller through the GUI but no data is displayed-only triangles with exclamation points in each of the boxes.  I also tried to configure wirelessly but there is no SSID broadcast.  I have tried both static and DHCP for the ip address of the module.  Everything else seems to be working fine.

I have read every thread I can find and watched many videos but have not found anyone with the same issue.

Thanks

11 Replies 11

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Could you post a screenshot of that ?  Also check the logs on the device when trying to access the GUI.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

I won't have access to the machine until the weekend and will send the logs then but here is what comes up when I try to access the controller from the GUI

Thanks

I won't have access to the machine until the weekend and will send the logs then but here is what the screen looks like when I access the controller from the GUI.

Thanks 

- Check if hoovering over those triangles can bring extra erroneous info's  ,if any.
         + Are the  functionalities on the left : dashboard , monitoring , ....   usable ?

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Hovering brings up nothing and clicking on the functions does not do anything

I did get the message to "make sure the controller in in User: mode" before migrating to the controller.  I clicked on the controller on the left menu and it brought me to the login screen for the controller.  I logged in and received the screen I sent

Thanks.  It's a Cisco Express unit so expecting it to work out of the box.  Any suggestions on how to determine whether the card is defective or if I can fix with programming?

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- It looks like your particular model can not do Wireless  because it is not mentioned in :
              https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/access/1100/software/configuration/xe-16-7/cisco_1100_series_swcfg_xe_16_7_x/cisco_1100_series_swcfg_chapter_01010.html#concept_jtj_gzl_1bb

M.

show platform indicates there is a wireless card in subslot 0/2.  I believe my machine has wireless standard "A" (hence the PWA) which is now Canada but was US until we went to "B" in 2016.  My understanding is that "A" still works

- I have doubts , note that the PWA  in the table refers to complete device model , not to a wireless standard (at least I think)
  + Could you post that output from show platform ?

M.

Please see attached 

- Could you have a look at this document : https://sdn101.wordpress.com/2024/01/20/upgrading-wifi-card-module-software-on-cisco-1100-series-isr-a-step-by-step-guide/
   Not sure if upgrading is applicable , but check it out , also check if you can access the wireless module
   with the command hw-module session 0/2 as mentioned in the document , 

M.

Thanks.  I can access the module with that command and will read that document (thanks for pointing out.  It's probably the only one I haven't read yet). I have reset it to factory default several times trying different configurations on setup (DHCP vs static IP).

I recently learned that in order to enable my router for POE I need to add the POE card and a larger power supply.  I elected to replace my switch (SG350-28) with one that has POE (SG350-28P) and I can now power the C9115AXE-B I just bought.  I connected it all but have not got it working just yet (ran out of time).  I am hoping the AP will give me wireless access and might "wake up" the wireless controller

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card