Views
Helpful
Replies

Campus Manager 4.0 Service Pack 4

dainat-bis
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

has anyone installed the Service Pack 4 for the Campus Manager 4.0 successfuly ?

The Ani Server on our Solaris Server is initializing since 24 hours after the installation (daemon restart and even a reboot don't change this situation ). No CM Feature is working any more !

5 Replies 5

Martin Ermel
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I just installed it successfully , but it was on Win2003 platform.

But I stopped the proccesses manually (and as well the 3 services (syslog, tftp ftp)) before installing the patch.

regards,

Martin

dmitry
Level 1
Level 1

yep, I had the same problem, the solution was to overwrite the DeviceDiscovery.properties with the original copy (both in the same folder: /opt/CSCOpx/campus/etc/cwsi). You have to do diff on them and manually copy all the paths into the original (of course backup the DeviceDiscovery.properties before overwriting it). Before I did that I reset (restored) the Campus DB which did not help.

Restart the dmgtd

You dont have to copy the file over. You can edit two lines in the file. When you try and run a device discovery, it shows which lines need updating in the daemons.log file (/var/adm/CSCOpx/log/daemons.log).

Its the log file destination and size but i dont remember the exact lines.

BINGO !

Two files:

/opt/CSCOpx/campus/etc/cwsi/ANIServer.properties

/opt/CSCOpx/campus/etc/cwsi/DeviceDiscovery.properties

In old version there were only log file names: ani.log and discovery.log. After upgrade there are only directories. Lack of file names. Just enter proper full path to log files (/var/adm/CSCOpx/log/ani.log and /var/adm/CSCOpx/log/discovery.log).

And of course change:

LogMsg.logFileSize=

to

LogMsg.logFileSize=1000000

in DeviceDiscovery.properties file.

Big thanx !

You can also do this via the GUI. Campus Manager Admin, debug settings, and then enter a number for max lines and specify log file.

Save it, and it updates the log file for you.

:-)

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card