Helpful
Replies

Cannot delete devices in PI 2.2

Paolo Marchiori
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I'm trying to delete two VG202 but I'm getting:

Delete Device(s) Failed: 10.12.109.18, 10.12.109.19. Please see ifm_inventory.log to get initial information . Please contact system administrator for further details

ifm_inventory.log says:

2015-02-09 10:32:15,606 [ThreadManager-BackgroundThreads-25] INFO  logging - IFM InventoryService info Error in deleting - 10.12.109.18: No row with the given identifier exists: [com.cisco.xmp.model.supportFacilities.job.Job#8523077163]; nested exception is org.hibernate.ObjectNotFoundException: No row with the given identifier exists: [com.cisco.xmp.model.supportFacilities.job.Job#8523077163].

Bug CSCus59703 seems coeherent, and says it's solved in 2.2(1) - but I can't find 2.2(1) anywhere.

Any advice?

10 Replies 10

Richard Murphy
Level 1
Level 1

Its PI2.2 with device pack 1 installed as far as I'm aware.

Device packs can be found in the Cisco Prime Infrastructure 2.2 patch download section.

You mean the device pack also includes a patch to the problem?

I'll try that and let you know.

UPDATE: tried and nothing changes, plus the level is still displayed as 2.2.0. I guess I need an actual patch or something like that.

UPDATE: turns out it's something never seen before. TAC suggested to install fresh, export&import devices, maps - which I'm doing.

Hi,

I have the same issue with my CPI 2.2, I have open up a case with TAC but have not provided me with resolution.  Did a fresh install fix the issue for you?

Philipe.

Yes. I had to reconfigure PI from scratch tho and lost all of my historical data - configuration archives included. Though price to pay, but on the good side the darn thing is much faster.

I am hasitating to rubuild the server, I will wait to hear from TAC.  They are working on getting the developer to work with me.  Thanks.

Have you heard anything from TAC regarding this issue?  I'm working with a customer who is seeing the same problem.  Thanks 

I ended up rebuilding the server.  Deployed a new OVA, installed PI 2.2 and patched the Critical Fixes ( PI2.2.1 POODLE fix and PI 2.2.1 Maintenance Release).  The I applied the device pack 2.2.  Finally I restored the backup.  The application has been running stable.  Goodluck.

Phil.

Phillipe,

Could you configure the WLC to use SNMPv2 and test?

Carlos,

All of my devices are using snmpv2.  Thanks.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card