cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 3560C WS-C3560C-12PC-S License levels?

Can the Catalyst 3560C be upgraded to IP Services or is it limited to IP Base?

I recently acquired a WS-C3560C-12PC-S for lab use and was hoping to enable IP Services to enable VRF-lite, however there doesn't seem to be an option to enable IP Services?

During bootup I see the message:[code]*Mar 1 00:00:20.031: Read env variable - LICENSE_BOOT_LEVEL =
*Jan 2 00:00:00.830: %IOS_LICENSE_IMAGE_APPLICATION-6-LICENSE_LEVEL: Module name = c3560c Next reboot level = ipbase and License = ipbase[/code]

So I was hoping IP services was an option?  The command 'license boot level' only has the option 'ipbase' so I am guessing its not an option?

I have a 3560CX and this has options for 'ipbase', 'ipservices' and 'lanbase'.

Seems a bit odd as the image is a 'UNIVERSAL' image?

Andy

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

here is some guidance :

https://community.cisco.com/t5/networking-documents/licensing-on-2900-3500-3700/ta-p/3130037#toc-hId--86026082

as per i know they do support IP services

get License file and add for IP Services to work using universal image, (but these model EOL not sure you get a License - but worth cehcking)

show version will also help us to determine correctly.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Sorry, this is a Catalyst 3560C Compact Switch.  The 'show license all' command only shows the ipbase feature.

I don't think these support IP Services.

3560CG ?  yes will not support.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post the complete output to the command "dir".  

I suspect this is the old 3560C with FastEthernet port. 

If it is, then the Feature Set is dependent on what file the switch is loading.  If you want Layer 3, then the switch needs to load the IP Services image.  

Yes, this is 3560C Compact switch with 2 x 1Gbps uplink and 12 x 10/100 Ethernet access interfaces (WS-C3560C-12PC-S).

The only IOS image available for this platform is the Universal image the latest being 15.2(2)E10 (c3560c405-universalk9-tar.152-2.E10.tar).  There are no separate IP Base & IP Services images like the original 3560/3750 platform.

With the 3560X, 3750X there is also only the Universal IOS image and you can select the license level with the global command 'license boot level lanbase/ipbase/ipservices' and you can activate the right-to-use license from the CLI with 'license right-to-use activate ipservices acceptEULA'.  I don't think the RTU license was an option is earlier IOS releases for this platform though and there needed to be a license file in the flash.  I think you could enable an evaluation though?

With the 3560CX I also have the only option seems to be IP Services.

With this 3560C it seems the only option is IP Base.

Does anyone know for definite - maybe someone from Cisco?  I was looking to a replace a Catalyst 3560-8PC (WS-C3560-8PC-S) that is running the IP Services image, but need VRF-lite.

Andy

Is the switch coloured white? 

If it is, can you post the complete output to the following commands: 

dir
sh license feature

I have several 3560CG, running 15.2(2)E10, and these can only do IP Base.  

Feature name             Enforcement  Evaluation  Clear Allowed  Enabled RightToUse 
ipbase                   no           no          yes            yes     no       

The 3560CX, however, can support IP Services: 

Feature name             Enforcement  Evaluation  Clear Allowed  Enabled RightToUse 
ipservices               yes          yes         yes            no      yes        
ipbase                   no           no          yes            no      no