cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Change source-interface for SNMP notifications for SNMP v3

alanraczek11
Level 1
Level 1

I am using an NMS to monitor our switches. Most of our switches are Nexus 9000 series switches. I have set up syslog change detection on the NMS and the IP that gets reported (when a change occurs)  in the NMS (OpManager) is different than what I expect. As I understand it I can change the source-interface for notifications. The IP address I would expect would be from the management VLAN on VLAN 80. My NMS has an interface on VLAN 80 and an interface on the standard lab VLAN.

From  my investigating this is the command I have come up with:

xxx(config)# snmp-server host 10.16.14.130 source-interface ethernet 1/54

NMS IP is 10.16.14.130

Management VLAN is 80, interface 1/54 is on VLAN 80.

Does this look okay? Is there an option specific to SNMP v3?

Ty.

..ar

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not sure I am following as I want to change the source interface. I see the commands under SNMP Notification Receivers.Do I just slip 'source-interface x/xx' into the snmp-server host ip-address {traps | informsversion 3 {auth | noauth | privusername [udp_port number]

command?

In the switch I typed commands and a '?' after each option to build the command. What I came up with by the time I reached the end was:

snmp-server host 10.16.14.130 source-interface ethernet 1/54 udp-port 161. No option for traps or version. What am I missing?

...AR

can you post show version

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

tor1_show_version.PNG

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: