Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 4506 offline but not off

Westwardal
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,
I have a perplexing issue that surfaces randomly; usually on the weekend or at night.  What happens is I cannot ping my 4506 for 30min-2 hours.  For all effective purposes the network appears to be off; I can't ssh or see the can't see the network with show cdp commands.   When the network comes back online, I ssh into and look at show version but it shows the router as having been up for 17 weeks.

I'm looking for suggestions as where to look or tools/utilities I can use to diagnose this issue. 

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Activate syslogging to a syslog-server and snmp trap logging for all traps to an snmp trap receiver. Look for errors around the problematic time-frames which may help resolve the issue. But also follow up on messages from the box during normal operation.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

So your Router up but you lost connection ? are you trying to Login Local Lan from internet ?

suggest to connect console cable with Laptop and capture all Logs where possible to understand the issue.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help