cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco DMP 4400 Password reset Problem

usmankhalid2008
Level 1
Level 1

so i have a problem with cisco player 4400 i do have Reset it but it is not accepting the defualt password and username i need to update the firmware but i cant access the player anyway.    i have tryed after reset     admin\default    admin\Cisco123  but both are not working on it i do try with a wizard and set new pass but it also not worked.            any help please.

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What is the version, have to tried hard reset ? it was long time i used. check below proceedure can help you :

The HARD RESET on the DMP-4400G is the method used to RESTORE
the DMP to Factory Defaults.

- Make sure the DMP is connected to the DHCP enabled LAN and Powered on.

- Turn the DMP around and locate the "Reset" button on the back panel.

- Take a sharp object (such as a Pen, Paper Clip, etc) and PRESS the RESET button.

NOTE: Keep the reset button pressed for at-least 20 seconds, release the reset button. 
        At this point you should see both the LEDs solid and You may here an audible beep.

- The DMP should be in the process of restarting.  Wait for 10-15 seconds. At this point the 
  DMP is restored to factory default.  On the attached display, you should see the DMP splash'  
  screen with the DMP's IP address (acquired from DHCP server).

- Connect to the DMP using your browser to access the DMP-DM (Web Admin Gui).  

For DMS-DMP software versions 5.0/5.1 use:
  http://<DMP_address> 

For DMS-DMP software versions 5.2.x use:
  https://<DMP_address>

- The default credentials for the DMP are:

For DMS-DMP software versions 5.0/5.1:
  USER = admin   PASSWORD = default 

For DMS-DMP software versions 5.2.x:
  USER = admin   PASSWORD = Cisco123 

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi Balaji, thanks for your reply i do try that all but its isnt worked thats why i am here.

as mention befor i have reset it and it does show the ip adress splash screen and etc.  problem is it is not accepting the Default password and user name i have tryed both default and Cisco123.

it always said ´´authentication failed wron password or username´´.

version is 5.0 and player it self  DMP 4400.

After Factory Reset :

Step 2 Using HTTPS as the connection protocol, point your browser to the IP address that you wrote down.

The connection fails when you use HTTP instead of HTTPS. This failure occurs by design, to support  security in your network.

The first time that you start DMPDM on any new DMP (or any DMP on which you restore factory-default settings), it prompts you immediately to change its factory-defined password.

Step 3 Do one of the following:

When DMPDM prompts you to change its master password, do so and then click Activate. You must use a strong password, which:

Contains at least eight characters.

Combines uppercase and lowercase letters with numerals.

Note Special characters, including exclamation points (!), question marks (?), ampersands (&), at signs (@), and asterisks (*) are forbidden in DMP passwords. (CSCsq41233; CSCsw47873; CSCub67295)

When DMPDM prompts you to log in, use the login name admin in combination with whichever master password you saved most recently.

Step 4 Stop. Remain logged in. You have completed this procedure.

Where to Go Next

Protect your DMP from unauthorized management.

Configure centralized management if you will use it.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card