Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco PI 1.3 Insert boot command

Bernhard Mayer
Beginner
Beginner

Hi

I would distribute a new ios image to Cat2960CG-8TC-L.

I have enabled "insert boot command" and Reboot Device: "Immediately.

Copy image to the device:     OK

Reboot device:                     OK but with old image.

Job Status:

Validating device distribution context                                                                        SUCCESS                 -

Backup of current running image c2960c405ex-universalk9-mz.122-55.EX3.bin                      -                 DISABLED

Distributing image c2960c405ex-universalk9-mz.150-2.SE4.bin using protocol TFTP     SUCCESS                 -

Rebooting device with Image c2960c405ex-universalk9-mz.150-2.SE4.bin"                   SUCCESS                 -                    (Reboots with old 12.2(55) image)

So, i don't know why Cisco PI doesn't insert the boot command for the new ios image, and reboot the device with the new image.

Cisco PI:

Version : 1.3.0.20

Patch: Cisco Prime Network Control System Version: Update-1_12_for_version_1_3_0_20

Can anyone help me?

Best regards

Bernhard

1 Reply 1

Vlad Vlaicu
Beginner
Beginner

Hi Bernhard,

You might want to check if on the device is already a boot command defined. In this case, due to the order of operation, the old IOS will be preffered.

If this doesn't help, you can try a packet capture and see if PI actually sets the command.

Best regards,

Vlad

==========
NMS Team
Krakow, Poland
Cisco TAC

========== NMS Team Krakow, Poland Cisco TAC
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: