Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco PI 2.0 Configuration Archive fails Nexus 5000

m.o.andersson_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

we recently upgraded Cisco PI from 1.3 to 2.0 and i thought this problem would be solved but it did not. I have added two Nexus 5548 switches that i can monitor and configure through Cisco Prime but im not able to read the running och startup config to the Configuration Archive. When i run the job i get the following error:

"fig from device: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out"

Current NXOS: 5.2(1)N1(2a)

Before i proceed troubleshooting i just would like an answer if it should be possible to archive configs from Nexus to Cisco Prime Infrastructure?

Cheers! // Mattias Andersson

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes, I am doing it successfully on a couple of Prime 2.0 installations. My instances included a bit later NX-OS - 5548UP and 5596UP running 5.2(1)N1(4) and 6.0(2)N2(1b).

View solution in original post

Thanks for the quick reply! Well, i did some more troubleshooting and i noticed that through Ethanalyzer and inspected the telnet packets that Prime tries to set the terminal lenght and width before it shows the running-config but it fails as it is in the default role of priv-0, and therefore gets % Permission denied. So, it times out after 2,5 min.

I added these two lines and worked like a charm!

role name priv-0

rule 12 permit command terminal length *

rule 11 permit command terminal width *

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes, I am doing it successfully on a couple of Prime 2.0 installations. My instances included a bit later NX-OS - 5548UP and 5596UP running 5.2(1)N1(4) and 6.0(2)N2(1b).

Thanks for the quick reply! Well, i did some more troubleshooting and i noticed that through Ethanalyzer and inspected the telnet packets that Prime tries to set the terminal lenght and width before it shows the running-config but it fails as it is in the default role of priv-0, and therefore gets % Permission denied. So, it times out after 2,5 min.

I added these two lines and worked like a charm!

role name priv-0

rule 12 permit command terminal length *

rule 11 permit command terminal width *

That's good info to know. My cases all used a username with level 15 network-admin privilege level.

Nice sleuthing. +5!