cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime 3.5 - Use the HOSTNAME with CLI

cesacal
Level 1
Level 1

We have our devices configured to save the config on a tftp server, with these commands:

switchTest#show run

archive

path tftp://10.216.141.156/switchTest-

write-memory

I want to change this configuration, because our colleagues from server departament are changing the IP of the tftp server.

I´m new creating CLI Templates, and I want to use the switch own hostname, no a variable. Is it possible to do something like this:

archive

path tftp://10.216.141.156/${hostname}-

write-memory

And make the HOSTNAME to take the name of the switch dynamically?

Thanks for you help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jurgens L
Level 3
Level 3

Any specific reason why you don't use Prime's build auto-archive configuration?

To your question, the post below should answer this:

https://community.cisco.com/t5/switching/archiving-router-configuration-to-tftp-server-automatically/td-p/1288574

<<< Please help the community by marking useful posts helpful, or accept as a solution if it resolved your issue >>>

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jurgens L
Level 3
Level 3

Any specific reason why you don't use Prime's build auto-archive configuration?

To your question, the post below should answer this:

https://community.cisco.com/t5/switching/archiving-router-configuration-to-tftp-server-automatically/td-p/1288574

<<< Please help the community by marking useful posts helpful, or accept as a solution if it resolved your issue >>>

Any specific reason why you don't use Prime's build auto-archive configuration? --> We are not Cisco Prime admins, we can do many tasks, but we do not have access to config on Prime.

Regarding the link, it solved my problem! Thanks a lot!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco