cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime Infrastructure 3.3 "Collect Configuration Archive whenever configuration is changed" no longer triggering.

donlehnig
Level 1
Level 1

As the title says, we have it setup to grab a configuration and archive after a config change, it stopped working for some reason, I am still able to see the switches, grab their configs manually, etc.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

donlehnig
Level 1
Level 1

I figured out the issue after working with Cisco TAC, Prime needs to receiving Syslog messages to determine when a configuration change was made, previously Syslogs were only going to our syslog server, I added the command "logging host x.x.x.x" and it started grabbing configs once a config change was logged via Syslog.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

gpairait
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
hello There,

please check if Event based inventory collection has been enabled in the system settings.
for more details on this, refer to the https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/3-3/admin/guide/bk_CiscoPrimeInfastructure_3_3_AdminGuide/bk_CiscoPrimeInfastructure_3_3_AdminGuide_chapter_0101.html

donlehnig
Level 1
Level 1

I figured out the issue after working with Cisco TAC, Prime needs to receiving Syslog messages to determine when a configuration change was made, previously Syslogs were only going to our syslog server, I added the command "logging host x.x.x.x" and it started grabbing configs once a config change was logged via Syslog.