Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime Infrastructure Licensing

kerim mohammed
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

Currently, we are running LMS4.2 and NCS 1.1 (with wireless) license. Do we have to purchase the separate license for prime infrastructure?

Thanks,

Kerim

10 Replies 10

chadreynolds
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Kerim,

Your current versions of LMS 4.2 and NCS 1.1 could have only been purchased with Prime Infrastructure.  For instance, the top level SKU for ordering LMS 4.2 and NCS 1.1 is R-PI-1.1-K9.  Under this part #, you purchase Prime Instrastructure device licenses.  For example, if you want QTY 100 devices, you would choose R-PI-1.1-100-K9.  This particular part # includes 100 device licenses for Prime LMS 4.2, Prime NCS 1.1, and Prime NCS WAN 1.1 (basically 300 licenses in total for all 3 applications).  To answer your original question, no you do not need to purchase a separate licenses for Prime Instructure.

Hope that clarifies things ups for you.

Chad

Chad while the individual products will allow a customer to manage 100 x 3 devices, they are on the "honor system" to not exceed 100 devices total managed.

Hi Chad,

thanks for quick response. yes, that clarified most of it. so i can run all the three servers in parallel. in other words i can re use the license oNCS WAN 1.1 and NCS1.1 (currently in use) and apply it on Primeinfrastructure to monitore both wired and wireless network? please, let me know.

Thanks,

Kerim

Hi Chad,

I think I confused you. bad wording! i guess what I am trying to say is:

I have three licenses, for LMS 4.2 which is in use. for NCS 1.1 just for wireless which is also in use. now , I am left with one licence NCSWAN1.1 which i thought is for NCS wired. or is this license (NCSWAN1.1) for prime infrastructure? or should i apply both NCS1.1 and NCSWAN1.1 licenses to prime infrastructure. let me know if you need more info.

Thanks,

Kerim

Thanks!

You won't be able to apply the LMS or WAN licenses to Prime Infrastructure.  Only the Feature base and add on licenses.  You will however be able to migrate WCS licenses to Prime Inrastructure.

bberry
Level 1
Level 1

I have a similar question. I am trying to implement Prime Infrastructure 1.2 and when we researched as to which software I should be downloading and installing on my virtual machine we were told to go ahead and download Prime Infrastructure 1.3. I downloaded the software and and the associated template and have the VM up and running. I am now trying to get everything active. Along with this we received two different license PAK. One is L-PI12-LF-100-LIC and the other is L-PILMS42-100. The issue that I have is that when I try to import the license files I receive a message that I need a base license before I can import. Am I missing something somewhere?

Brent

It looks like I am missing a base license file that should have been received as part of the R-PI12-BASE-K9 order.

Brent

Yes the Base license is a prequistire for all other Prime Infrastructure license types. Without Base you cannot add Lifecycle or Assurance.