cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime monitoring interface utilization

snowbars
Level 1
Level 1

Hi. I couldn't find in PI how to view a list of all interfaces on all switches at what speeds they actually work with automatic speed adjustment on the port (10/100/1000)?
Not 5/10/15 switches, as on dashboards, but from
all switches on the network. and I don't want to change monitoring policies, just output a report like this.

For example, the dashboard shows that there are 10mb devices, but I can't go in and see which switches and which interfaces work like that.

7 Replies 7

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Checkout : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/3-8/reference/guide/bk_Cisco_Prime_Infrastructure_3_8_Reference_Guide/field_reference_for_monitor_pages.html#con_1060828

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

snowbars
Level 1
Level 1

Of course, before asking here in the community, I searched a lot of information and saw this link, but what is written there, this section is missing in PI

PI.png

- Make sure your prime version is sufficiently recent , meaning anything older then Prime 3.10 + patch5 is
     considered EOL , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

snowbars
Level 1
Level 1

I have 3.8 ver (:

- Not good...

M.

snowbars
Level 1
Level 1

I want to ask one more question here, so as not to create a new thread.
Why does PI not show that one of the power supplies on the Cisco Nexus 5K has failed? This can only be seen when I gets inside the switch in Cisco Prime and looks at the Environment tab. Where should I look for the reason for this?

- Again , my earlier reply concerning the last release supported for Prime is applicable ('as a good reference') ; in the meantime you could try to remove the particular nexus from Prime and add it again , make sure correct snmp credentials are provided too , and or in Prime use Verify Credentials before final add of the Nexus ,

M.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card