Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime Topology Map not auto-discovering all links

We are running Cisco Prime 2.2 and trying to make use of the topology maps. 

Some links between switches are automatically showing but not all. CDP is running on all of them and if I run show cdp neighbours on the switches CLI the links are definitely in there. 

If I go to the '360 view' for one of the troubleshome ones in Prime, the same cdp neighbours list is not showing. Is there something I can do to nudge it? I don't understand why the cdp neighbours list would be empty in Prime.

Thanks

James

15 Replies 15

adrien.dupont
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have the same problem with our CPI 3.0.0.0.78.

We added the switch with SSH and SNMPv2 credentials and when we go to the Network Topology, we only see the switch and no links.
When we click to the 360view, we can see that "only" Local Remote is missing, device port is indicated.

However, when we use the cdp command on the switch, all informations is notified.

Of course, the inventory collection in our CPI is completed.

Any suggestions ?

I have a switch doing something similar in PI 3.1. All CDP neighbors are shown in 360 view at both ends. Yet no link is being built in the topology.

I have opened a TAC case and provided debug logs they requested. I am waiting to hear back.

Hi Marvin, 

Any luck with the TAC, I have the same problem on my Prime 3.0.3.

Not so far - they just pinged me yesterday for some additional info that I haven't had time to gather just yet.

It's a P3 and the engineer has been brokering some requests from development so it's slow going.

Let me know how it goes.

But I was able to fix my maps. I figured it was due to duplicate entries of the devices, we had the same device present in prime with different IPs. it worked after I deleted both the entries and added just one.

Some cases I had to delete the distribution switch and add it back to make it work. I think someone added those devices into a group before it was fully synchronized.

Hope this helps.

hi marvin,

im running PI 3.0.3 and have the same problem.

was there any progress in your case?

thank you,

snir

My colleague worked with TAC to get it resolved.

I did not get a straight answer on the real root cause but the bottom line suggestion was to build groups and put the devices into the groups as opposed to having them in one big "unassigned" group. Once he did that, the few undiscovered links cleared up.

Hi Marvin,

I am Echo.My PI 3.0.3 has built deffirent groups and also put the device into the groups,but also can't auto discovery all links,can you any other suggestion to me ?

Thanks~~

A TAC case would be your best path to resolution.

Hi Marvin,

Thanks so much for your reply.

Another question I want to ask you ,do you still remember your reply in put script into PI server to dump config archive files out from DB as below attachment show , I want to know if it can schedule to get the archive files pass the script??  Expect your reply.

Thanks so much.

FYI:

I have version 3.2 of prime and it is also doing the same thing TAC only could say sometime you may need to remove the device and add it back then re-sync so that prime can re-learn the paths, and this is with all devices moved from the "unassigned" group.

I'm having a similar issue where my device doesn't have any connections although it's in the same device group as its CDP neighbors.  I don't want to delete the device because I'd lose all of its configuration archive.  Is there another solution, other than deleting the device and adding it again, to making the device establish links to its cdp neighbors?

Hi,

If you have resolved your PI problem? Because I also the 3.0.3.

My topology map issues cleared up 99% when I upgraded to Prime 3.1. One issue I had after the upgrade however is location groups do not display on topology maps. Only user defined.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: