cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco switch 2960

mishaq
Level 1
Level 1

1- i have cisco switch 2960 and i need to find all clients mac address connected to the switch and able to ignore specific mac address.

2- if i have 5 cisco switches connected to each other , how i can find specific mac address belong to which switch ?

2 Replies 2

you can use 'show mac address-table' command. this shows MAC address list as well as learned port. using that you can find where is MAC address connected to.

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

carstenlymann1
Level 1
Level 1

1. show mac address-table | incl 'whatever specific you want.     For instance if you want all mac address on vlan 100 but only on your local switch you could write show mac address-table | incl 100.*Gi    That will include all lines with 100 in it, and also with Gi in it. (If you have gigibit interfaces)  

2. If you use show mac address-table you will see all mac on the switch, but also mac seen on the trunk interfaces. You cannot see the specific remote switch the mac address is, but you can see wich trunk interface its seen on.  If you got a star topology and you run show mac address-table on your "main" switch, then you can specific see where it is.

Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts
/ Carsten