Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Switch Ping Issue

AndrewGibbons8
Level 1
Level 1

Hey everyone, 

I'm trying to configure some Cisco Switches to communicate with each other using two wireless radios as the bridge. I've attached a diagram of my current results/IP Scheme. I'm not sure why the switches can't seem to ping the radios and vice versa because on either switch when I input the "show cdp neighbors" command, both switches can "see" each other. Any advice?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As per your diagram Radios are in bridge mode and their IP is different, they do not know how to reach Switch IP.

As per your diagram, Switch B has a different IP range, compare to SwitchA  and Laptop A

Question is :

1. Is Laptop able to Ping Switch A ?

2. change the Switch B IP address so Switch A / B  / Laptop can able to communicate all.

make sense?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As per your diagram Radios are in bridge mode and their IP is different, they do not know how to reach Switch IP.

As per your diagram, Switch B has a different IP range, compare to SwitchA  and Laptop A

Question is :

1. Is Laptop able to Ping Switch A ?

2. change the Switch B IP address so Switch A / B  / Laptop can able to communicate all.

make sense?

BB

Gotcha, tried that and the switches can now communicate with each other fine. Thank you!

Thank you for the feedback, and good to know it sorted.

BB

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card