cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ciscoworks LMS 2.2 ANI Server is not running ???

skytosky
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, there.

I have installed ciscoworks LMS 2.2 several minutes ago. The result for Self Test (Server Configuration-Diagnostics Menu) is very good (All subjects is "PASS").

But when I tried to setup Discovery Settings and SNMP Settings (Server Configuration-Setup Menu) I received the following messages. "The ANI Server is not responding. Verify that the ANI Server is up and running". Also when I clicked analyze ANI server, I got the following error. "AniWrapper>>analyze(SYSTEM) Server Named: ANIServer4.2-lms on port: 14004". Please help!!!

Best Regards,

Korea, Republic of.

From Alex Seo.

9 Replies 9

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

Are all the relevant latest CW patches and IDUs installed on the server?

my ciscoworks was running fine after i setup a few months ago.

recently, i also begin to experience the same error message when i start my ciscoworks.

what is happening ??

Hi all,

I'm experiencing the same problem and it started after I installed IDU 11 for CM v3.3. I did another installation last week with a different customer and there weren't any problems then. Is anyone else experiencing the same problem? I'm using a dual Xeon HP server with 2gigs of RAM so I don't think its related to the hardware resources.

Regards,

Yes, of course.

Thanks for your concern. Have a nice day!

from Alex

I've solved my problem! I uninstalled CM 3.3 from the Ciscoworks server (leaving the other modules intact) and then re-installed it. This time, I installed IDU 5.0 then the bundle update followed by IDU 8.0 and finally IDU 11.0. It works like a charm now, hope this helps...

Cheers!

Hi,

I have the same problem, everything looks fine (No failing processes detected) except for Device Support that appears ERROR RECEIVED. What did you do?.

Regards.

solved my problem after i uninstalled the netscout ngenius that i installed on the same machine as ciscoworks.

I did what you said and also I have reinstalled CW2K LMS 2.2 without Netscout nGenius.

Everything is still OK, but again About ANI Server--> Device Support Error Received and all appear as Unknown

Process Status ANI Server: Runnin with busy flag set

Something strange is when I create Self Test:

FAIL odbc.pl, is this related with my problem?

Can anybody hel me, please?

I have resolved my problem. I was installing CW2K under Windows 2000 Professional with Service Pack 3, as quick start said

(http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/cscowork/ps2425/products_quick_start09186a008017b359.html#wp66625)

I have uninstalled this OS and installed Windows 2000 Advanced Server3 with Service Pack 3. Therefore, I recommend install CW2K LMS 2.2 under this OS.