cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoWorks User Tracking Utility

krhashbarger
Level 1
Level 1

Does Cisco have any plans to incorporate the CiscoWorks User Tracking Utility into LMS Prime 4.2 or any newer version of LMS? This tool is very useful in identifing where a computer or device is located on a switch. I know SolarWinds just came out with their own version of the User Tracking utility, and I am wondering if Cisco is going to continue on with theirs.

4 Replies 4

ppoiron
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I already used User Tracking Utility 2.0 with Prime LMS 4.2 and it's working well.

You can download it on Cisco Download page:

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/release.html?mdfid=282641773&flowid=5141&softwareid=2807

75110&release=2.0.0&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

I know that. I am using the User Tracking Utility 2.0 also. I was wondering if Cisco is going to incorporate this into the LMS Prime 4.2, rather then it be under an older version of LMS. And will their be an upgrade to the User Tracking Utility?

what exactly do you expect from an upgrade of UTU 2.0 ? Or do you want it to be listed in the download section of LMS 4.2 ?

I'm pretty sure the user tracking functionailty will be ported to NCS, the final Prime Infrastructure. We will see next year in version 2 what it looks like.

When that happens a client for on your PC will soon be developed as well.

I'm just wondering how cisco is establishing what features are to be ported into the final Prime Infrastructure.

I mean, their marketing people are probably the best in the industry, and know exactly what they can sell out there.

But I don't think they have a clue what is esential to manage a larger, bussines critical network, and what is nice to have.

Cheers,

Michel

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: