cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Create a SNMP for a couple of servers, access list for separate interface monitoring.

Greetings everyone.

On C6500 series I have to create a separate community to send a SNMP trafic for a couple of gig interfaces.

The user that will collect these informations has a Monitoring server and is only interested in monitoring traffic on those link and maybe pps.

I understood to create a an ACL pointing to his IP of the server, and that create a community and associate this access list with that community.

Those commands I have, but I need to send the user the MIBs or other relevant info on how to collect and forbid everything else but thos interfaces.

Do I need to give the SNMP HOST command and associate with this community after that.

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies 3

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I am not sure how easy it would be for you to restrict access to Interfaces via SNMP. If your ACL can do it, than you can associate your SNMP community string with it easily.

SNMP Host command is not necessary for polling in 6500. It is only required when you want to add a NMS server which can recieve traps generated by your device. It is similar to adding a host for syslog when you want to send syslogs to another server.

-Thanks

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

Greetings.

Thanks for the reply.

I have found a way to create a separate community and and snmp view for that community.

So with  snmp-server view servergroup ifInOctets.1 included I allow only certaion OIDs to be exported via this community.

After that I can create an acl that has an RO access to this community.

Though a very tedious task. But this surely will be able to achieve what you want.

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: