Views
Helpful
Replies

Device attribute errors

srego4
Level 2
Level 2

Lms 2.2, Rme 3.5

I have over 1600 devices in RME and have had all their credentials put in correctly(snmp, telnet, enable, tacacs). However, every now and then I will see abt. 30 to 40 devices coming up in Import status > Dev Attr Errors for any of the above credentials. I correct them and they go away. After a few days I will see some more devices again. They are devices at random in this.. meaning it is never the same devices always..

any ideas?

4 Replies 4

getwithrob
Level 3
Level 3

I've noticed that when a device(s) is unreachable for a period of time, device attribute errors show for that device(s) even though the attributes are entered and working correctly.

Oh yea - when the device(s) comes back available, the device attribute errors don't go away.

i think you have a good point.. I will look into which devices get these errors and see if they have been down

looks like a TAC bug case too me.. will contact them and see how it goes

Srego4, I have the same problem, 1700 devices, 20-30 periodically into dev attrib errs. The devices that are/were down show all attributes failing, while others show snmp string err but telnet and enable pwd OK as example. TAC told me this was routing issue, curious if there is any other workaround. Please post if recv solution. Thx.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card