Views
Helpful
Replies

DFM discovery problem - LMS 4.0

sem7433
Level 1
Level 1

Hi...

I have a problem with DFM device discovery, While rediscovering devices all the devices are in questioned state - snmp timeout. But inventory and config management is working.  Its running on a windows 2008-r2 server. I have looked at the local firewall and there are no dropps there. If i run device verification credentials job, its run succesfully.

Reegards Lasse

5 Replies 5

Nael Mohammad
Level 5
Level 5

Are your devices in DNS?

Enable debugs for all inventory and device management, and rediscover the devices.

Admin > System > Debug Settings > Discovery Logging Configuration

Admin > System > Debug Settings > Fault Debugging Settings

Get the logs from /log/dfmLogs/TIS/ the DFM related logs from CSCOpx/log directory in zip format.

Hi.

Yes all devices are in DNS. I attach the log files.

/Lasse

I see the following errors repeated in the logs:

Inventory Services/SNMP Timeout

Questioned Devices in Inventory Services/Insufficient Credentials

Most likely an SNMP issue with the devices and you should do a packet capture using udp port 161 and see what the response is when attempt discovery again. What kind of SNMP are you using on the devices?
If SNMP v3, there could be an issue with not defining the engineID on the devices and ensure its unique for each one. Then remove from the devices and re-add them and re-run the discovery. Test it out just on one device and let us know the results. Also make sure the devices are pingable from the LMS server as well.

I using snmp version 2 and i all ready done a packet capture. I cant see any thing wrong in the capture file.  When i looking at collector status.

Discovery                Success

Data Collection        Success

User Tracking          Success

Inventory                 Success

Conftig Collection     Success

Fault Discovery        Failure  

/Lasse

Has anyone found a fix for this as I am seeing the same thing. If I disable the firewall it works fine. I have compared the required ports with the firewall and it appears they are all there.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: