cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DFM,Java 1.4.2_06 not working for me

vnealy
Level 1
Level 1

Having just downloaded the new updates posted for Ciscoworks, DFM now no longers works using the new Java. I get a screen and looking at the Java console it looks like it is workins however, the window never gets populated with anything. Am i doing something wrong or is this really broken and waiting for a fix? Help.

Thanks.

12 Replies 12

jim.reynolds
Level 1
Level 1

Have you checked your classpath environment variable. Looks like your maybe not picking up some critical classes which are probably in .jar files.

The JVM should indicate if this is the case.

Thank you for your reply.

How would I check this? What would I do to fix it?

Thanks.

ysolan
Level 1
Level 1

I had the same pb. I go back to java 1.4.1_02 and it's ok now.

to do it, you must remove 3 files manualy on W2K :

search for the files :

connectEntryJSP1.pl and connectEntryJSP1.pl-CSCsa45555-1

remove connectEntryJSP1.pl and rename connectEntryJSP1.pl-CSCsa45555-1 to connectEntryJSP1.pl

do the same with :

javaplugin.properties-CSCsa45555-1

and last remove the file /setup/patch/CSCsa45555-1.info

You can found java 1.4.1_02 here on the ciscoworks server /htdocs/plugin/j2re-1_4_1...

cminard
Level 1
Level 1

JRE are not backward compatible.

So you have to use the JRE 1.4.1_02 with ciscoworks.

This is a known bug (ID CSCSa492327) and a patch is available from TAC to solve the "DFM not launching after installing JRE 1.4.2_06 patch). In my case it works fine (and I can use the integration with HPOV NNM which need 1.4.2_06 too)

Thank you for your help but I am unable to pull any info on that bug ID. Do you have a link to the patch?

Thanks again.

I think you have to open a tac case to get this fix. I told the TAC engineer that I couldn't find the bug either. The bug only replaces an existing jar file (named dfm-sign-1-4 located in ~CSCOpx\www\classpath)

When trying to open DFM I opened the java console and saw something about that file(dfm-sign-1-4) coming up over and over. It also pointed to the same location you mentioned.

This is good info.

Thank you very much for you help.

I got the pacth after opening a TAC case and DFM is now working. I unerstand that Cisco is working on a patch for the masses.

You've been a great help.

Thank you very much.

This is a known bug (ID CSCSa492327) and a patch is available from TAC to solve the "DFM not launching after installing JRE 1.4.2_06 patch). In my case it works fine (and I can use the integration with HPOV NNM which need 1.4.2_06 too)

Hi , I desperatelty need this patch for an install I'm doing - can you tell me where I can get it. After installing cmf2.2.2-sol-CSCsa455551-R3 my DFM does'n not display anything anymore. I'm running LMS 2.2, DFM1.2 with IDU 10. Thanks

Open a TAC case and mention that you need the DFM patch that goes along with CSCsa45555

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: