Helpful
Replies

dikta question - routing protocol

giorgioserafini
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings,
I have a doubt about this question:

which of the following are functions of a routing protocol? (choose two answers)

a) Advertising known routes to neighboring router

b) Learning routes for subnets directly connected to the router

c) Learning routes and putting those routes into the routing table for routes advertised to the router by its neighboring routers

d) forwarding IP packets based on a packet's destination IP address

the book lists b and c as the correct answers, but to me both a and d seem correct, what am I missing?

thank you all

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Not sure if those answers got updated on the virtual edition but the answers in the back of the book explain their reasoning.

Its A and C

DavidRuess_0-1696605934830.png

-David

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Gopinath_Pigili
Spotlight
Spotlight

Answers:   a   and   c

a)  Advertising known routes to neighboring router

if any router is configured with rip/ospf/eigrp....it advertises its known networks to neighbor routers in the form of update/lsa packet.

c) Learning routes and putting those routes into the routing table for routes advertised to the router by its neighboring routers

If any router is configured with routing protocols(rip/ospf/eigrp) .....it receives the routes from other routers....adds routes to the global routing table 

b) Learning routes for subnets directly connected to the router not correct....because using routing protols router will learn even indirectly connected networks

d) forwarding IP packets based on a packet's destination IP address is also not correct...it is the functionality of the router...router will forward the packets besed on destination ip address...

Best regards
******* If This Helps, Please Rate *******

Not sure if those answers got updated on the virtual edition but the answers in the back of the book explain their reasoning.

Its A and C

DavidRuess_0-1696605934830.png

-David

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

"the book lists b and c as the correct answers, but to me both a and d seem correct, what am I missing?"

Before reading the other replies, I considered A and C the correct answers, and after reading those replies, for the reasons noted in those replies (i.e. B and D don't require a routing protocol, or even static routes for that matter).

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card