cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Duplicate alerts

nesrin
Level 1
Level 1

I am monitoring all devices in the lab2 and I am seeing duplicate alerts on our monitoring system for almost all devices.

After looking into the configuration I noticed lab guy is running management And uplink connections of nexus devices to the Core device, which is not how we run the connection in lab1. We usually run uplink to core to download vlans and management port to management switch. 

Does running management And uplink to same switch can cause duplicate issue?

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can you show example :

as per my understanding. if the Access switch connect to CORE - both configured syslog what ever alerts

they send their own alerts back to moniotoring system each individually - is this what you seeing here ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi Balaji
I am not getting any duplicate message on the switch. The only duplicate message is showing on the monitoring system saying "Duplicate ICMP response detected! This could indicate a network issue" with no extra details. So I'm wondering if having uplink and management ports of the access switch connected to core can cause that issue.

I believe this is some kind of bug with LibreNMS - i guess- check what version running and try to upgrade.

As long as you do not have any network issues, not other issues reported with the network kit.

Not spend enough time, but looking at this thread maybe some fping issue.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thank you for your advice. I'll do that.

Hello,

what management/monitoring system are you talking about ?

I'm using Librenms to monitor switches.
Management port is the management port on the Nexus switch x
Uplink port is one of the port on the Nexus switch x
Both uplink port and management ports are connected to core.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: