Views
Helpful
Replies

EOL/EOS report generation fails

Richard.Jeff
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am using LMS version 3.2 and i am not able to generate EOS/EOL report with error no connection to Cisco.

Saw an update i LMS portal as this:

Now Available! LMS 3.2:Patch for un-interrupted service of Cisco.com download for Device/Software/PSIRT/EOX updates (To be applied on or before 15-June-2011)

so upgraded the patch cwcs33x-win-CSCto46927-0.zip and restarted the demeon as read in the read me file for the patch.

Now the job execution status is always shows running, its neither fail nor pass.

Why is this like so ?? files attached...

Any inputs ???

Thanks

Richard

6 Replies 6

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hi,

Try to increase the Fetch Interval as below :

1)     Go to RME->Admin  Inventory  Cisco.com Fetch Interval 2)     Change the fetch frequency to 1 hr. 3)     Run a EOS/EOL hardware job
I hope this will help..

In case the job failed again , please enable the debugging for INVREPORTS (RME >admin
>system preference >application log level settings)

Re-run the job and send me the Invreports.log(NMSROOT\log)

Thanks
Afroj
Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Gaganjeet Chug
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

There are few bugs becasue of the following exception that filed in LMS 3.2 and fixed in LMS 3.2.1

Exceptions found :-

EOS_EOL reportcom.cisco.nm.rmeng.inventory.reports.util.IRException: Cisco.com Exception

at com.cisco.nm.rmeng.inventory.reports.datagenerators.EOS_EOL_RDG.getData(EOS_EOL_RDG.java:234)

at com.cisco.nm.rmeng.inventory.reports.datagenerators.DataGenRequestHandler.getData(DataGenRequestHandler.java:44)

at com.cisco.nm.rmeng.inventory.reports.job.JobExecutor.generateReportData(JobExecutor.java:1693)

at com.cisco.nm.rmeng.inventory.reports.job.JobExecutor.runReport(JobExecutor.java:894)

at com.cisco.nm.rmeng.inventory.reports.job.JobExecutor.main(JobExecutor.java:2514)

[ Thu Aug 04  11:56:20 IST 2011 ],ERROR,[main],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.inventory.reports.job.JobExecutor,generateReportData,1709,IRException throwncom.cisco.nm.rmeng.inventory.reports.util.IRException: Cisco.com Exception

at com.cisco.nm.rmeng.inventory.reports.datagenerators.EOS_EOL_RDG.getData(EOS_EOL_RDG.java:283)

at com.cisco.nm.rmeng.inventory.reports.datagenerators.DataGenRequestHandler.getData(DataGenRequestHandler.java:44)

at com.cisco.nm.rmeng.inventory.reports.job.JobExecutor.generateReportData(JobExecutor.java:1693)

at com.cisco.nm.rmeng.inventory.reports.job.JobExecutor.runReport(JobExecutor.java:894)

at com.cisco.nm.rmeng.inventory.reports.job.JobExecutor.main(JobExecutor.java:2514

BUGS :-

1>  CSCta76147

2> CSCta76147

Upgrade LMS 3.2 to LMS 3.2.1 and it should be fix

Note :- kindly take backup of CiscoWorks before any upgrade. Also you need to make sure that RME should be running 4.3.1 and Campus Manager should be 5.2.1

here is the location to download LMS 3.2.1

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/release.html?mdfid=282635181&flowid=16561&softwareid=280775102&os=Windows&release=3.2.1&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

Many Thanks,

Gaganjeet

Hi,

Opps we reply to same thread. Kindly try Afroz troubleshooting steps first

Many Thanks,

Gaganjeet

Hi Afroj,

I have set the fetch interval to 1 hr and 7 days also. But the job status continuous to be running, its not wind up in pass or fail and i am not receiving the mail alerts.

Enabled the debugging for inventry reports and collected the logs... please find the attched....

HI All ,

Please find the attached Software update details .

The started job is not getting failed its continuously running for 1 weeks .

Did anyone had come across similar issues

Regards

Angus

Hi Angus,

As Gaganjeet suggested, try upgarding the LMS from 3.2 to LMS 3.2.1

I hope this will take care of the issue.

Thanks

Afroj

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****