cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Gets CRC errors by OID snmp

Natha340Mai340
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I tried get the errors CRC for interfaces router 2801 by snmpwalk as follow but unsucessful with OID .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.2.2.1.1.12

snmpwakl -c community -v 1 IP_router .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.2.2.1.1.12

SNMPv2-SMI::enterprises.9.2.2.1.1.12.1 = INTEGER: 0

SNMPv2-SMI::enterprises.9.2.2.1.1.12.2 = INTEGER: 0

SNMPv2-SMI::enterprises.9.2.2.1.1.12.3 = INTEGER: 29

SNMPv2-SMI::enterprises.9.2.2.1.1.12.4 = INTEGER: 0

SNMPv2-SMI::enterprises.9.2.2.1.1.12.6 = INTEGER: 0

SNMPv2-SMI::enterprises.9.2.2.1.1.12.19 = INTEGER: 0

SNMPv2-SMI::enterprises.9.2.2.1.1.12.23 = INTEGER: 0

appear this return above but when I go look the interfaces on router with command "show interfaces" the value are diferents.

for exemplo, for ifIndex 3 the command returned 29 CRCs that is incorrect because when I look by command line there aren't any CRC errors for that Interface.

so I think there is something missing in my router or on the search by snmpwalk. maybe that OID doesn't been the correct.

how can I do ? I would like use gets snmps.

any tips is welcome.

4 Replies 4

Natha340Mai340
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've just find out some tips on Internet and seems the snmp counters can't cleared. so I can't compare the return of snmpwalk with show interfaces values.

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t533587-which-is-the-oid-for-the-error-crc-on-interface-router-cisco.html

more tips are welcome.

Ultimately what you want to measure and alert on is changes in CRC over time.

You will sometimes see CRC intermittently as a port negotiates port speed and duplex.

The issue isn't one or two CRC's,  the issues that matter (UDLD/STP/Flapping etc) come up when you see a constant stream of CRC.

in my case...I was seeing 150 crc per polling window.....obviously a constant problem that was tracked to a bad cable run to an IP camera that was installed a while ago.

cristinapanther
Level 1
Level 1

This is not the correct OID to have the info you are looking for (CRC errors for each interface). The proper one is " 1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.14".

I hope it will be useful

So that OID is for all interface errors.  CRC Errors are a specifc type that use a different OID.  While all CRC Errors are an Interface Error, not all Interface Errors are CRC.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: