cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can I force delete a problem device from RME?

getwithrob
Level 3
Level 3

There is a node in RME's Not Responding state that was imported incorrectly with a hostname seperated by two periods then the domain name. I'm unable to select that device then select delete and actually get the device to delete.

I remember several months back seeing something about a way to force remove something from RME.

If anyone knows of a way, please respond.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

sachinraja
Level 9
Level 9

did you try deleting from the Admin page of the RME inventory ?? go to admin-> RME -> inventory and you can add or delete devices from here..

try this and let us know...

Raj

I went to admin>RME>inventory but the device there is the correct device. It shows up as acutalnode.domain.com which is correct. However, under Import status, actualnode..domain.com shows up and I can't delete it from there. I get a 500 Server error message then. Again, when I go to admin>RME>inventory>delete device, the node with two periods (actualnode..domain.com) doesn't show up but the node with one period (actualnode.domain.com) does show up. I removed the device with one period hoping the other with two periods would go away but it didn't.

yjdabear
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Not sure this works for device that's Not Responding, but I used to go to http://ciscoworks:1741/dbreader/dbreader.html

put in the RME db password that you entered during LMS installation;

enter db name: RME in this case

You should get a list of tables. DEV_FQN is the one you want. The following is what TAC sent me:

here's the procedure

1. Login to dbreader

2. check DEV_FQN and take note on the Device_Id column

3. List the Device_ID you want to delete

4. Go back to AdHoc Retrieval Page by using tjhe back button of your browser

5. Input the credentials plus the execute sql staement

delete from DEV_FQN where Device_Id = x

where x is the Device_Id of the device you want to delete.