cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

JRM server is down or inaccessible for this user

GREGORY JACKSON
Level 1
Level 1

This a new installtion of LMS 4.0 patched tp 4.0.1 on Windows 7 Enterprise.

System information

24 G RAM

2x Dual Proc 2.9 GHz

500 G HD

I can log on at the GUI interface using both firefox and IE.

In IE when I select the admin tab show  int the "Job Information Status" window "JRM server is down or inaccessible for this user".

In Firefox I select the admin tab and in teh "Job Status" window I get the "JRM server is down or inaccessible for this user".

As stated this is brand new installation. of LMS 4.0 and patched to 4.0.1.

From what Ican see all the services are running.

CSCO2.JPG

Any thought would be helpful..

Thanks,

~g

27 Replies 27

Screen shot of LMS 4.0 management console.

thx,

~g

HI ,

Can you please share me the screen show of the services.msc windows dispalying all the cisco works services.

Also can you please try to Launch the GUI  on the Server itself   ( Use http://localhost:1741  )

Thanks--

Afroj

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Hi ,

Please try to access the GUI as below Exactly on the actual server  not from the client machine.

http://localhost:1741

do not change the localhost to your server name.

Thanks--

Afroj

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Same messages...

Your installation is incomplete according to screenshot posted. You are missing CWCS Cmf Database which implies the installation is corrupted. Please open a TAC SR to obtain the clean up script and get assistance's with installing LMS 4.0.

I would love to open a TAC case but I am currently evaluationg several Network Management tools (i.e. Solarwinds, What's Up Gold, Colasoft , nGenius and Opmanager) and because I am only evaluating I do  not have access to open a TAC case. So unless I can get this configured I cannot complete my evaluation of LMS and thus I have to eliminate LMS as an option.

Do you have another recommendations?

Thx,

Gregory Jackson

Sr. Network Engineer

Insitu

How are you installing the LMS application? Are you logged in as a local administrator? Tell me more about the server you are installing LMS on and provide the "SYSTEMINFO" output along with the "TASKLIST" from the command line of Windows.

Normally installations go bad if you are not logged in as local administrator or don't have full administrative rights to the server or not meeting the system requirements or third part applications are impeding the installation due to security permissions.

1. Change all the CWCS and CiscoWorks Services to Manual.

2. Restart the Server.

3. Download the attached clean_system.exe script after reboot.

4. Again reboot server.

5. Verify the system meets the requirements outlined in the release notes and Windows 7 Enterprise is not supported. It needs to be english version Windows 2003 Server or Windows 2008 according to release notes:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/4.0.1/readme/readme.html#wp156580

6. Disable any third party NMS products and Security products during installation. (i.e disable virus scanning, firewall, shield, NMS apps)

7. Login as a local administrator and run installation as a local administrator. Don't login to domain, select local computer and use the user "administrator" to run installation.

8. Increase page file size to system requirements such 8192 and ensure that Data Execution Prevention is disabled for now system properties.

9. And run the installation locally from the supported server, not from a network drive. Re-download the eval if its corrupted and run installer.

I'm doing another clean install if this does not work my other option is to build a virtual machine and try it

that way.. Does LMS 4.0 support VM?

I'll get back to you when I completed the clean install..

All the information is located in the installation guide:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/4.0/install/guide/prereq.html

LMS 4.0 supports the following Virtualization Systems:

VMware ESX server 3.0.x

VMware ESX Server 3.5.x

VMWare ESX Server 4.0.x

VMWare ESX Server 4.1

VMWare ESXi Server 4.0

VMware ESXi Server 4.1

Hyper V Virtualization

I appreciate all your help but I must conceed to go with another product.  I have spent way to many hours just trying to get this to install.. It should really NOT be this difficult. I loaded up  VM machine with Server 2008 R2 and nothing else a clean install. Now I'm getting

" ---------------------------Platform Error---------------------------You cannot install CiscoWorks LAN Management Solution 4.0 on an unsupported operating system or when Terminal Services is running on the supported Windows 2003 Server Standard Edition, Window... BLAH BLAH BLAH!"

It appears that ths software is just to dependant on a particular OS. All the other application installed just perfect (Solarwinds: No issue, Opmanage: NO Issue, What's Up gold : No Issue, Colasoft:No Issue)

I have gone through the trouble of installing a VM on my compute,r NOT one of the supported it's

VMware® Workstation

7.1.4 build-385536

And installed the Windows Server 2008 Enterprise and still no luck.. I cannot waste anymore time on an application that it that particular that I have to go outside of our regular platforms just to get it to work.

If you have anymore suggestioin that WILL work would be helpful if not we'll just have to go with another application.

Once again thank you for your efforts but it's been very painful to install and uninstall and reinstall only to keep getting multiple errors when all the otehr application installed and worked fllawlessly.

DId you read the release notes? It has the steps outline regarding the Windows 2008 R2. As with any software, you always have to read the release notes to find out what's supported and what's not. I've included the links to the release notes in the previous posts.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/4.0.1/readme/readme.html#wp153107

Installing CiscoWorks LMS 4.0.x Using Windows 2008 R2 Patch

To install the LMS 4.0.x using Windows 2008 R2 patch on Windows 2008 R2 servers for the first time (fresh installation of LMS 4.0.x):

Step 1 Go to http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/release.html?mdfid=283434800&flowid=19062&os=Windows&softwareid=280775103&release=4.0&rellifecycle=&relind=AVAILABLE&reltype=all

Step 2 Download the patch for Windows 2008 Server Standard and Enterprise Editions Release 2 to your system.

Step 3 Go to the directory where you have downloaded the patch and double-click CiscoWorks_LMS_4.0.x_WIN2K8_R2.exe.

•If LMS 4.0.x is not installed on R2 server already, a dialog box appears prompting you to select the location of LMS 4.0.x installable.

Select LMS 4.0.x installable from the local hard drive where you have stored the software images, to proceed with a new installation of LMS 4.0.x along with R2 patch.

If you have selected unsupported Windows installable, the following message appears:

Unable to extract 4.0.x application

If you have selected Windows installable that is corrupted, the following message appears:

Unable to launch 4.0.x application.

•If LMS 4.0.x is installed on R2 server already, the following confirmation message appears:

Click Yes to reinstall LMS 4.0.x along with the Windows 2008 R2 patch. Click No to install the Windows 2008 R2 patch alone.

Either:

–Click Yes to reinstall LMS 4.0.x along with the Windows 2008 R2 patch.

A dialog box appears prompting you to select the location of LMS 4.0.x installable

Select LMS 4.0.x installable from the local hard drive where you have stored the software images, to proceed with re-installation of LMS 4.0.x along with R2 patch.

If you have selected unsupported Windows installable, the following message appears:

Unable to extract 4.0.x application

If you have selected Windows installable that is corrupted, the following message appears:

Unable to launch 4.0.x application

Or

–Click No to install the Windows 2008 R2 patch alone.

The confirmation message appears:

CiscoWorks daemons need to be stopped to proceed with the installation. Click Yes to stop the daemons. Click No to abort the installation.

The installation of the Windows 2008 R2 patch alone takes 15 minutes.

Thank you Nael Mohammadfor all your assistance I know have LMS working on my VM machine. I appreciate your diligence and patience to get me through the install.

You get !!A+!!

~g