Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 4.0.1 End Host display issue

mburrell5
Level 1
Level 1

Using LMS 4.0.1.

When looking at the Device Centre - Troubleshooting view for a device it will display the number of End Hosts in the Configuration Status>Configuration Details section. If I click on the number of devices a pop-up will appear saying "No end hosts found", however if I go to Reports>Inventory>User Tracking and run the report it displays the end hosts correctly

I would appreciate assistance on what could be causing this issue. It was happening with Lms 4.0 but upgrade to 4.0.1 did not change it.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I think the problem is related to the spaces in the name of the device

The url constructed should have these spaces replaced by a "%20"

if you replace the later part ot the url by "Gosford%20NOC%20Sw%202&devIP=10.76.152.56" everything should work.

A bug I guess.

Probably because most people here avoid devicesnames that cannot be part of a FQDN, such bug can remain undetected.

Open a tac case to get it fixed, or use devicesnames without spaces and special characters other than - and _ .

Cheers,

Michel.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Michel Hegeraat
Level 7
Level 7

Try to grab the url it gives. Something like:

http://didata:1741/cmapps/utEndHostReport.do?action=Submit&crossLaunch=admindashboard&runTypeOption=Immediate&devName=lab-SW23&devIP=10.170.46.250

Check if these to guys are correct and resolvable

devName

devIP

Cheers,

Michel

michel.hegeraat wrote:

Try to grab the url it gives. Something like:

http://didata:1741/cmapps/utEndHostReport.do?action=Submit&crossLaunch=admindashboard&runTypeOption=Immediate&devName=lab-SW23&devIP=10.170.46.250

Check if these to guys are correct and resolvable

devName

devIP

Cheers,

Michel

Below is the url from a sample device (this problem occurs with all I have checked so far) that appears when I click the numeric End Hosts quantity from the Device Center - Troubleshooting page

http://lmsnetmgr:1741/cmapps/utEndHostReport.do?action=Submit&crossLaunch=admindashboard&runTypeOption=Immediate&devName=Gosford NOC Sw 2&devIP=10.76.152.56

When I use the same Device name or Device IP when running a end host query from Reports>User Tracking>Quick reports I get the correct end hosts displayed. The quantity displayed corresponds with the quantity shown on the Device center - troubleshooting page

So - the problem is not related to using an incorrect device IP or Device Name

I think the problem is related to the spaces in the name of the device

The url constructed should have these spaces replaced by a "%20"

if you replace the later part ot the url by "Gosford%20NOC%20Sw%202&devIP=10.76.152.56" everything should work.

A bug I guess.

Probably because most people here avoid devicesnames that cannot be part of a FQDN, such bug can remain undetected.

Open a tac case to get it fixed, or use devicesnames without spaces and special characters other than - and _ .

Cheers,

Michel.

Thanks Michel,

Your suggestion worked! Thankyou

Now if I look at a device that has just been discovered on the network it will use the IP address for the Display name, Hostname, and IP Address. In this case there are no issues pickking up the end hosts. I am merely adjusting the Display name which to date I did not believe was anything more than a label! Since when did this field require the spec of a FQDN?

So, for this reason I think it is a bug unless the rules for this field have changed in LMS 4.0 and 4.0.1.

FYI, the url works if you use only the deviceIP - which makes more sense to me

I guess I will go to the TAC and start the laborious process.............

The display name does not need to be a FQDN, but maybe the TAC will tell you it should 

I only do this because I want consistency between hostname and displayname.

The presented link should be url encoded so that for example the spaces get replaced by a %20.

Good luck with the TAC

Cheers,

Michel

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: