Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 4.0 and DFM database

ppoiron
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm installing a new LMS 4.0.1 platform.

After the first devices discovery, I saw their network names were not good due to a dns problem.

I used a host file with good names and rediscovered devices.

All is OK now in the DCR but in the DFM database, there are still bad names coming from the first discovery.

Do you know how to delete the devices from the DFM DB and to re-import or rediscover them with the good names without a DFM DB reinitialization?

Thanks,

Patrice

2 Replies 2

Michel Hegeraat
Level 7
Level 7

You can either disable and then re-enable fault management, or export, remove and re-import the devices with the bad displayname.

The first you can do under: Admin -> Getting Started -> Device Allocation Settings.

The second under: Inventory -> Device Administration -> Add/Import/Manage Devices

I hope cisco comes clean on allowing to remove/add devices from the various application under LMS again like in LMS 3

Cheers,

Michel

Thanks for your answer Michel.

I didn't find the remove button in the DFM devices management. I think we have two different repositories: one (the DCR) for LMS applications and another one in the DFM database.

In fact, I would like to remove devices in DFM database to reimport or rediscover them without affecting devices in the DCR.