Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 4.0 Smart Install

haidar_alm
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm trying to configure smart install on our LMS 4, unfortunatley when I click on the Getting started instead of a pi chart displaying what devices are capable and or not capable I get a text message stating that no devices to display.

I know that there are devices capable of this because I've upgraded them to the recommended IOS version 12.2(53).SE3 yet nothing is showing!

Have I got to enable anything else on the LMS server, or the switches for the devices to show?

Many thanks,

H

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Michel Hegeraat
Level 7
Level 7

If you are certain the SNMP community  is configured correctly for the switches then try to export then to a file, delete the devices and re-import them from the file.

When 'new' devices are added to LMS the technology modules try harder than when it is an existing device. (That is not good but that how it works right now)

Cheers,

Michel

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Michel Hegeraat
Level 7
Level 7

If you are certain the SNMP community  is configured correctly for the switches then try to export then to a file, delete the devices and re-import them from the file.

When 'new' devices are added to LMS the technology modules try harder than when it is an existing device. (That is not good but that how it works right now)

Cheers,

Michel

hi Michel,

Thank you for your reply.

The SNMP is correctly configured. I can see all the devices in the inventory field. Also, I can see the Pie chart under the Energy Wise setup screen with compatible devices and software. However, it's only in the Smart Install section that it says there are no devices to display, even though I know for a fact that I have devices with the correct IOS Software...

I've deleted the device and then re-added it manualy, ran a discovery, but still not showing any results.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card