Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 4.0 SW 4507 Discovery Problem

dverasteguin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I'm having problems with the Discovery of a Switch 4507R+E.

I'm using the LMS 4.0 version and when I do the discovery, it finds it, however, when I want to see it on the Topology Map. It shows a "?" in the device but I can see the rest of the devices connected to it.

Ive checked the Supported Devices Table and it does shows under Supported Devices.

At the same time, it is using a Supervisor Engine 7E and it is not found by the LMS. Again, I searched it on the supported table and i didnt find it. However, in the 4.0.1 version of LMS, it does appear. Therefore, my question is, this sup is not supported in the 4.0??

I would appriciate any help!!

Thank you very much!

Sincerely,

Dante Verastegui

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Michel Hegeraat
Level 7
Level 7

If you check if a device is supported, best use the sysobjectid as found in the DCR, when you export it to a csv files.

Installing the lastest device updates for all products, may also be required.

And sometimes documentation is wrong. I recently found out with a "supported" voicegateway. documentation is incorrect.

Cheers,

Michel

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Michel Hegeraat
Level 7
Level 7

If you check if a device is supported, best use the sysobjectid as found in the DCR, when you export it to a csv files.

Installing the lastest device updates for all products, may also be required.

And sometimes documentation is wrong. I recently found out with a "supported" voicegateway. documentation is incorrect.

Cheers,

Michel