Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 4.1 CiscoPrime : Bug with TAC Service Request embedded and Proxy Settings

Hello Community,

I encounter 2 seriously annoying problems with the new CiscoPrime LMS 4.1 running the SOFT APPLIANCE (Virtual Appliance on ESX).

I have patched all the device updates I can, with a direct ASDL connection.

Then, I configured the Proxy Settings into :

Admin > System > Cisco.com settings > Proxy Server Setup

ip : x.x.x.x

port : 8080

NO CREDENTIALS are needed for CiscoPrime server. A rules has been added to bypass Proxy authentication for the CiscoPrime server.

When I'm trying to perform a device update, and when I specify my Cisco.com username in the process (after having chosen Source Location : from Cisco.com), I do "next" and I receive an error message : "Invalid Proxy configuration. Please provice valid Proxy credentials. Also ensure valid Proxy Server and Proxy Port are configured in Admin > System > Cisco.com Settings > Proxy Server Setup."

A second problem, related to TAC Service Requests Embedded system. When I specify my login/password from Cisco (CCO account, the one I'm currently using to write this message), in the below bar, I receive an error message :

"You entered an invalid username or password. Please try again. If you just reset your password, our systems may be updating your information. Please try again later.".

Some of you encountered the same problem ?

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

Martin Ermel
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

this looks like bugID CSCto46927; you can download the patch for LMS 4.1 here:

windows:

lms40x-win-CSCto46927-0.zip

solaris:

lms40x-sol-CSCto46927-0.tar

[.... just tag your threads

and support the CSC initiative "CSC Helps Teachers Without Borders" - it's easy ! ]

Hi M !

Which patch should I use on a SOFT APPLIANCE ?

As I said, I'm using virtual appliance of Cisco Prime LMS 4.1.

Martin,

I don't think this bug applies to 4.1

Stephane,

If you get the error you have then the proxy does ask for credentails after all.

You may want to try running a packet capture when you do a package update to see what happens.

Cheers,

Michel

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco