Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 4.2.5 IP Phone discovery with CUCM 10.5

andrewswanson
Level 7
Level 7

Hello

I'm running Cisco LMS 4.2.5 (linux maintenace release 2) virtual appliance with device packages fully up to date. Prior to CUCM being updated to version 10.5 (from 8.6), LMS could poll CUCM for IP Phone Numbers. After the CUCM upgrade this has stopped.

The CUCM servers are discovered/managed ok by LMS. When I do an snmpwalk from LMS I get the following:

snmpwalk -c <community> <CUCM-IP> .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.156.1.1.2.1

returns the CUCM cluster details ok. When I check for registered phone macs I get the following:

snmpwalk -c <community> <CUCM-IP> .1.3.6.1.2.1.17.4.3.1.1
SNMPv2-SMI::mib-2.17.4.3.1.1 = No Such Object available on this agent at this OID

I've tried snmpwalk against all publishers/subscribers with the same result - the cucm cluster has nearly 2000 registered IPT devices. Can anyone tell me if LMS 4.2 and CUCM integration is supported with CUCM ver 10.5?

Thanks
Andy

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Andrew

Having problems with the BRIDGE-MIB is not something new, the problem here is not LMS not collecting the information but snmp not responding to 1.3.6.1.2.1.17.4.3.1.1, this OID belongs to the BRIDGE-MIB.

Changing the OIDs LMS uses to collect the information is not an option for UT.

There are many bugs linked to the BRIDGE-MIB not responding, causing high cpu, memory leaks, etc.

My advise would be to move to another version, if you have a newer version to test please do so.

View solution in original post

Hi Andy,

Check what is the Call managers Object IT  by doing the SNMPwalk on "SysobjectID"

If it is OID: 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.1348  then the issue is with CALL Manager

This call Manager  DOES NOT have this feature included "IP Phone Tracking" which enable to discover all IP phones in the network as IP phones not as end hosts.

So this this the root cause of the problem that explains why we cannot find any IP phones in LMS, since this call manager does not support "IP Phone Tracking" feature.

If your call Manager is different then check "IP Phone Tracking" feature is enabled or check the settings at the CM side.

Thanks-

Afroz

***Ratings Encourages Contributors ***

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

andrewswanson
Level 7
Level 7

I can get registered phone details using CISCO-CCM-MIB oids with snmpwalk from LMS:

1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.156.1.2.5.1.2 - all registered phone extensions
1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.156.1.2.1.1.2 - all macs of registered phones
1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.156.1.2.1.1.6 - all IPs of registered phones
1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.156.1.2.1.1.4 - all registered phone descriptions

Can I change LMS4 to use the above oids to acquire IP phone details from cucm 10.5

Thanks
Andy

Andrew

Having problems with the BRIDGE-MIB is not something new, the problem here is not LMS not collecting the information but snmp not responding to 1.3.6.1.2.1.17.4.3.1.1, this OID belongs to the BRIDGE-MIB.

Changing the OIDs LMS uses to collect the information is not an option for UT.

There are many bugs linked to the BRIDGE-MIB not responding, causing high cpu, memory leaks, etc.

My advise would be to move to another version, if you have a newer version to test please do so.

Hi Andy,

Check what is the Call managers Object IT  by doing the SNMPwalk on "SysobjectID"

If it is OID: 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.1348  then the issue is with CALL Manager

This call Manager  DOES NOT have this feature included "IP Phone Tracking" which enable to discover all IP phones in the network as IP phones not as end hosts.

So this this the root cause of the problem that explains why we cannot find any IP phones in LMS, since this call manager does not support "IP Phone Tracking" feature.

If your call Manager is different then check "IP Phone Tracking" feature is enabled or check the settings at the CM side.

Thanks-

Afroz

***Ratings Encourages Contributors ***

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Thank you both for the replies.

I ran snmpwalk for both .1.3.6.1.2.1.17.4.3.1.1 and .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.1348 and both resulted in No Such Object available on this agent at this OID.

So it looks like IP Phone tracking isn't supported with LMS 4.2.5 and CUCM 10.5 - I'll mark thread as reolved.

Thanks
Andy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: