Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS Version 4.0.1 Discovery problem

cisco-cg77
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a problem with the discovery feature of CiscoWorks LMS 4.0.1. I have added the seed device and chosen the CDP module but the switch connected to the seed device doesn't appear when I launch the discovery. Default credentials are well configured, and CDP is activated on the devices. The seed device is reachable from the LMS server;

I don't understand, any idea?

Thx

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I already have this kind of problem, but the problem was when the LMS wanted to connect with telnet to the device. For the discovery he just need the SNMP ro.

Did you setup the correctly the SNMP ro community for the discovery that is different that the credential ?

In the last step, I would suggest to you to do a trace from the LMS, go on :

http://:1741/cwhp/PacketCapture.do

BR

J.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

jul.delima
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

What do you have in the summary of the device discovery ? Are the devices as unreachable or there is nothing ? Unreachable => problem with route or credential

If you have several IP on the devices, which IP are advertised into CDP ? Is this IP reachable from LMS.

I would suggest to trace the traffic to see if the LMS is sending / receiving the paquets.

BR

Julian

Hello Julian,

Thx for your response. The seed device itself appears as unreachable. However, I have added this device manually, and it appears when I use the search engine, but not in the device list in "Add/Import/Manage Devices"?!

Quite dissapointed

Hi,

If the seed device is unreachable is normal that the other devices will not be added. If you add it manually, it does not mean that this device is corectly managed by the LMS. You should check the connectivity from LMS to the device and the credentials.

BR

Julian

The worst thing is that the device is effectively reachable from LMS. In the "Device Credential Verification Jobs", i have the device with the test for TELNET and SNMP ok, and from that windows I can access the device information like "Sw version, image, etc". and in Reachability status I have "SNMP v2c Read -> Success", and "Telnet -> Success"..

I already have this kind of problem, but the problem was when the LMS wanted to connect with telnet to the device. For the discovery he just need the SNMP ro.

Did you setup the correctly the SNMP ro community for the discovery that is different that the credential ?

In the last step, I would suggest to you to do a trace from the LMS, go on :

http://:1741/cwhp/PacketCapture.do

BR

J.

Thx you very much Julian, you were right for the SNMP config on the discovery settings!

It's ok now, thx again!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: