Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS4.0 on 2008R2 - few displays problems

vduprez
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

I have just installed LMs4.0 on 2008R2 with evaluation  license(waiting the offer to purchase ..).I have only a few display problems...

I have had more or less the same on 2008 server before applying some .net updates but in this case .net3 is up to date and installation of .net4 didn't solve the problem neither.

for example device diagnostic doesn't display anything :

ScreenShot005.jpg

by changing to "network connectivity" and coming back to device diagnostic I have

ScreenShot003.jpg

when i click on the iconScreenShot004.jpg to display the list I recaive an error. details are:

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; InfoPath.2; Tablet PC 2.0)
Timestamp: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 10:32:02 UTC

Line: 1262
Char: 5
Code: 0
URI: http://lms:1741/cwlms/ts/js/tscommon.js

Any idea?

10 Replies 10

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The first screenshot looks normal.  The Device Center UI is being redone for the next release to make it a bit more intuitive.  The second screenshot and symptoms definitely point to a problem.  First, try clearing your client browser cache.  If the problem persists, try a different browser or client (e.g. Firefox 3.6).  If the problem still persists, delete all of the contents under NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/work/Standalone/localhost, then restart CiscoWorks Daemon Manager.

Hi,

same issue with different browsers .. all files removed in the requested directory without any changes!

what's the recommended .NEt version ?

thanks in advance,

vincent.

LMS doesn't require .NET at all.  Any version would be fine.  I suppose some of the files may be corrupt on the server.  Post a list of the file byte sizes for the files under NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/webapps/cwhp/WEB-INF/screens/devicecenter.

hi,

Please find a print screen :

Regards.vincent

I need to see the byte sizes (i.e. from a DOS prompt).

Hi

sorry ...

Vincent

HI

good new: I have performed some device updates (unfortunately i cannot give you the details) and my problem is solved . I'n cheking more in details but looks good. Thanks for you help anyway and sorry for inconvenience.

regards,

vincent

OUPS it's not working anymore......

I came back to LMS to add some devices and device center is not displayed correectly anymore...

vincent.

Are the symptoms the same now?  Today I recently discovered some issues with Windows 2008 R2 and IE 8.  Some of the newsecurity enhancements in IE 8 are interfering with LMS.  Can you try changing the cache setting to reload the web page every time to see if that helps?

Hi,

It's a sporadic problem not related to IE settings I think because also happens in firebox - opera on differrrent computers...very difficult to troubleshoot...but looks stable again !!!!

I will perform some tests if it's coming back again.

reagrds,

vincent.