Views
Helpful
Replies

NTP Server using Cisco 2811

Kai Onken
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I've setup a NTP service by using Cisco 2811 routers. This works fine at the moment, but in the end there are some questions left.

1. I'm using two 2811 Routers, one for primary, which is resceiving the time from PUBLIC NTP 1, and one for backup, which is resceiving the time from PUBLIC NTP 2. Is it possible to compare these to times an check if the match? And if not, generate an alarm via e.g. SNMP

2. Is it possible to check via SNMP, if the routers are reaching PUBLIC NTP 1 and PUBLIC NTP 2 for sync?

Kind regards

3 Replies 3

Hello Paolo,

in first case you are right with this link, but the OID I would need is:

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/SNMP/do/BrowseOID.do?local=en&translate=Translate&objectInput=cntpSysSrvStatus

This OID is included in the CISCO-NTP-MIB, but not available, when I do a snmpwalk. Do I have something special to do, that the OID apears?

The 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.168.1.1.1 to 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.168.1.1.10 are available and cntpSysSrvStatus would be 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.168.1.1.11

Even when I use an adv. enterprise IOS.

Kind regards

It can be a bug, in which case you will need to raise a TAC case.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: