cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Old CiscoWorks

a.shmueli
Level 1
Level 1

We are runnig old version of CiscoWorks bundle: CW common Services 3.0.6, campus  Manager 4.0.11, Device fualt Manager 2.0.11, resource mannager Essentials ......

to which updated product should I upgrad so I can save my mangment fetaurs I have today ?

Avi            

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I would add to YJ's advice that LMS 4.2 is the latest release.

Unless you have a lot of useful data in your old LMS 2.6, you may just be better off rebuilding from scratch with LMS 4.2. Much has changed and there is limited utility and a lot of work to move from such an old version to the latest via the upgrade path as opposed to a complete rebuild.

This would also be a good time to consider putting everything on a Unix base vs. Windows by using the OVA file distribution that Cisco is now offering. If you have a VMware ESX infrastructure in place, that approach can save you a lot of time and effort.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

yjdabear
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You have LMS 2.6 SP1, so you can get to LMS Prime 4.1 through the following path:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/4.1/install/guide/overview.html#wp1086068

"For LMS 3.1, LMS 3.0, LMS 3.0 December 2007  Update, LMS 2.6 and LMS 2.6 Service Pack (SP) 1, you have to do a remote  upgrade to LMS 4.0 and then install LMS 4.1."

Note that there will be a licensing cost to you making such a major upgrade from 2.x to 4.x.

I would add to YJ's advice that LMS 4.2 is the latest release.

Unless you have a lot of useful data in your old LMS 2.6, you may just be better off rebuilding from scratch with LMS 4.2. Much has changed and there is limited utility and a lot of work to move from such an old version to the latest via the upgrade path as opposed to a complete rebuild.

This would also be a good time to consider putting everything on a Unix base vs. Windows by using the OVA file distribution that Cisco is now offering. If you have a VMware ESX infrastructure in place, that approach can save you a lot of time and effort.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card