cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PC is getting different IP address from DHCP Pool

bryg0d
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone, I have a problem with 2 of the PC in my network. Upon restart it's getting 192.168.0.x /24 on the DHP. It should be 172.16.79.x /24. Although it works when I do ip config release and renew, its annoying doing it everyday.

Ports is already on the correct VLAN. I have no problem with DHCP server since other PC is getting the correct IP within their VLAN.

When I try to open 192.168.0.1 his default gateway. It loads 192.168.0.1/xamp and has a login popup.

Can anyone help me figure this out. Thanks.

4 Replies 4

ammahend
VIP
VIP

you can try a few things, move the pc to working port and see if problem persists, update latest software/drive firmware on the PC, increase lease time. 

-hope this helps-

can you share the DHCP pool and VLAN SVI 
MHM

@bryg0d check your network devices. seems like you have another DHCP server in your network. that may be small router/switch/server or any new device connected to your network. trace the device 192.168.0.1. i guess this can be new ADSL/internet router connected to your network

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

We hear all the problem mentioned.

But we don't have information how is your network what devices involved here, all in one switch ? or one router ? where is your DHCP

post the configuration relevant information for us to understand - rather we guess and provide different steps - that never end process.

what kind of troubleshooting you done on the switch ?

is this issue only with 1 devices  ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help